Monday, May 09, 2005

shiggaion?!

That's a five dollar word huh? I added it to my gray matter data base today. I found it at the heading of Psalm 7 in my Bible. Strong's concordinance said it meant "a rambling poem". I wonder if David announced that that's what he had written, or if someone added it later. Anyway, it was a refreshing reminder of how free I can be with my God. I am so grateful that I don't have to have a thesis statement and four supporting paragraphs before I can open my mouth. And I don't have to come up with a captivating introduction for Him to tune in. I can ramble and vent and worship and cry and be still in any order I want. He hears me when I call.

In Song of Solomon, the beloved says: "O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely (Song 2:14 KJV)." How could the Lord Jesus possibly be talking to me? That doesn't sound like a passive listener, but someone who has been longing and waiting for me to draw near. Creator, Yaweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob...waiting for me. Incredible.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I love reading this! Don't stop. Hebrews says: ...for it is good that the heart be established by grace. God is SO good. He just wants to love us and for us to respond. Thank you Elaina for reminding me. I love you. mom

Kim said...

That was beautiful Eliana!

Laurie - You raised a lovely daughter! Hey, where is your blog?? ;)

Cora said...

Elaina, you are a beautiful writer.

I so appreciate your love for God. It inspires me.

You know I love ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.